Friday, November 26, 2021

A Letter to My Heart

Dear Heart,


Please don't lead me astray. See almost 3 weeks I met a man who absolutely took me away. He conquered my mind, danced with my soul. He's touched me in places I treasure more than gold. I told myself I'd never love like this again.
I was writing a letter to my heart but I need invisible ink.I have so much to say, yet clueless in where to start. People can't read this most would consider me weak.
I will say thank you for my pains cos without enduring them I wouldn't fully appreciate my joys. Thank you for the tears I've cried, they remind me how good it feels when I show off my smile. Thank you heart for showing me the way. But now my mind is taking over, I need for you, "my heart" to take its original place..My heart makes me weak, but my mind keeps me strong. 
 As of lately my mind’s not as strong. I feel like I’m drowning in my own tears. What I can’t see won’t affect me. So I will keep myself busy, dancing, reading, exercising; doing crossword puzzles. Because I can’t hurt me and I refuse to let anything or one to do it. I’ve caused myself the worse pain bearable. To be in love and hold everything deep down is killing me slowly. 

No comments: